Meet Our Newest Team Member-Rachel!
- What do you want people to know about you?
- My name is Rachel Batchelor, and I am excited to be serving as the Marketing and Communications Coordinator for the Rising Tide Community Loan Fund. I am originally from Scranton, PA, and I have recently moved to the Lehigh Valley with my husband. We already love the community, and we are excited to get to know the area and people more! I have a Bachelor of Arts in Spanish with minors in Public Relations and Nonprofit Management from Georgia Southern University.
- What is your background in business development?
- I worked with a Public Relations Firm in Panama City, FL for two years to grow their business and audience. Also, in 2020 at the start of COVID-19, I began and still maintain a letter writing campaign called “You Matter” where people around the world can nominate and write letters to strangers in need of encouragement.
- What does supporting small business mean to you?
- To me, supporting small businesses means supporting the community. Working with small businesses provides the opportunity to help and empower people towards their goals and dreams.
- What is your best advice for someone who wants to start a business?
- Use what is out there! Today, there are so many digital options to make connections, get your name and brand out, and communicate with people. Start building your network digitally through social media or even by joining Facebook groups! Above anything, just build relationships! Share your dream and vision, intentionally get involved in the community, learn your area, and develop relationships with your neighbors and people you are striving to reach.